Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blog #5 poems

"Don't give up" by Praveen

It's half past midnight
tossing and turning
unable to sleep,
I don't know what to do,

My mind is far away
in search of something
that I once had and
somehow slipped out of my hand;

Struggling to understand this
tug of war between the mind and heart
I try to search for a solution
so as to agree on a compromise;

Trying to pay attention
to what's happening around me,
I try to decipher the clues and hints
that I believe are there for my picking;

Like a fish out of water
out of innocence into adulthood
too soon into this fast paced game
where I am just a spectator, lost and bewildered;

So what happened?
Where did all go wrong?
What am I supposed to do?
What is that I have to do?

Plenty of questions
answers all out there,
is what I'm told
yet I'm totally lost

Going round and round
in a place where the streets
have no name, I bobble
In an out of life

As the storm rages on
the leaves blow and the trees sway
all I know is that I am here to stay
till the day my heart gives up on me;


I've read many poems troughout the years, and so far this got to be one of the best. The transition from being young without many responsabilities into adulthood can be very nerve wrecking. If we worry too much about everything then we just become weak. We can never give up in life regarding how difficult things might get.

3 comments:

  1. I am sadden by this poem because it seems to taik about the never ending struggle that is life but despite that t was a great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the poem you've chosen; why?.. well some time I myself feel at the same way that the person who wrote this poem, and i believe sometimes in non specific moment on life we feel like the same way.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Suheidy, this touches on a lot of problems and concerns people have nowadays. How did you even come across this poem in the first place?

    ReplyDelete